A friend wisely said recently, “Some of the greatest opportunities are MISSED because we say ‘NO‘ in defense of our own comfort.” (emphasis mine)
- Nearly 2 billion people know no one who can show them Jesus
- 1 out of 4 (27%) of all people on earth are cut off from the Good News
- If you counted to 2 billion it would take you 200 years just to say all their names
- Only 3 out of every 100 missionaries go live among the 2 billion
- Only $0.01 out of every $100 given to missions goes to reach the 2 billion
- Over 90% of missionaries go to “Christianized” people groups
WHY IS IT THAT 2000 YEARS AFTER JESUS, with all of our technology and with all of our churches, so many are STILL UNREACHED and WITHOUT HOPE? The harvest is still plentiful but the laborers are few. The disengaged peoples of the world are waiting for us to reach them! The bottleneck is not with their receptiveness, but with our WILLINGNESS TO GO. Lack of workers stems largely from a general lack of understanding of God’s passion for lost people –a lack of basic discipleship. It’s also due to God’s people losing their passionate recognition of their need for a Savior themselves.
“There is still much to do where Christ has been named, BUT OH how we need to pray for an army of hundreds of thousands with Paul’s passion to reach the unreached and unengaged people’s of the world.” – John Piper
From Oswald Chambers: “The Call of God is not just for a select few but for everyone. Whether I hear God’s call or not depends on the condition of my ears, and exactly what I hear depends upon my spiritual attitude.”
This post is dedicated to the 200 people who died while you read this, who didn’t know that Jesus (or anyone) cared….and the 300 new babies who were just born.
WHO WILL GO? WHO WILL SEND? WHO WILL EARNESTLY PRAY?
for more info: www.handsheldhigh.info (Here am I, LORD. Send me.)